13 July 2009

Apparently I look better in black & white

Normally I'm the one hiding behind the camera lens, but I liked the idea of getting my own Character photos done so much that I decided to be brave and go for it.

I had my good friend Jules Addison take the photos.  I knew roughly what I wanted, and Jules knows my photography style well because I shot his wedding a month or so earlier.

The idea behind a character photoshoot is to try and bring out more personally of the subject than a standard business portrait would, hence I bought along my silly hat, a pair of sunglasses and a camera to pose with.

It was only during the processing of the images that I came to the quick conclusion that I look better in black and white.

It was an interesting experience, and helped me to discover just how awkward having your picture taken can feel to someone who is not used to it.

I personally quite like the photos, probably some of the best of me that I've got.  However you make up your own mind....

No comments: