17 January 2010

The day Formula 1 came to London



I was searching through some of my old photos to see what I could use for today's almost daily photo when I came across some I took the day Formula 1 came to London.  It was back in the summer of 2004.  It was only a demonstration I believe to show the potential for a real race on the streets of the capital, but as you can see thousands of people turned out to watch, or more accurately to listen.  Getting a view was nigh on impossible for most people.

I'd forgotten about these photos until I found them last night.  I even managed to grab a couple of bad shots of Formula 1 legends Nigel Mansell and David Courthard.

Will Formula 1 ever return to the streets of London?  One can but hope, it would be quite a spectacle.

1 comment:

drive away awning said...

lol, I like Mark Weber! He's so charming