23 January 2010

The frozen north

Last week I enjoyed my first visit into the depths of the frozen north of England to the city of Lincoln.  Apparently its technically in the Midlands, but anywhere I have to drive for 4 hours to reach heading in a northerly direction for the whole time, is in the north.

I was in town for a couple of photoshoots, but after the shoots were done and the primaeval fog that had descended upon the town during the morning had cleared I headed back to the Cathedral Quarter to see what I could snap.

Before being asked to come to Lincoln for a shoot I didn't even know where it was (my guess was about 100 miles out), and upon arriving there I had no idea what to expect from the city.  So imagine my delight and surprise to find a sodding great big Cathedral and Castle there!

No comments: