28 January 2010

Gibraltar Ape

I found this attractive fellow just around the corner from the southern most point on Gibraltar.  There was a whole bunch of apes digging around a small rubbish tip looking for food scraps.  It was a far cry from the tourist tastic apes we saw at the top of the cable car ride an hour or so later.

I wasn't sure how close I could safely get to the apes but i edged as closely as I dared and this is my favourite photo.  It's not quite perfect with it being a little dark around the eyes, but I still like it.

I've only been to the rock once, but I quite liked it.  Sure it was surreal seeing all those little bits of back home in what is essentially Spanish soil, but it was cool.  I'd like to return someday and spend more than just a few hours there.

No comments: