03 February 2010

Rownhams House HDR

I was at Rownhams House recently doing a little bit of video work for my friend, magician Paul Newton.

We were chatting over a cup of tea with the owner Roger, and he was telling us about a recent booking that he'd taken for a wedding later in the year.  The lady had come to visit in the evening and had been sold instantly by the look of the place at night.  Roger only had photos of the house during the day, so I offered to stay around half an hour later until it was dark enough to capture the house at night.

Rownhams House is hidden away just a couple of minutes from junction 3 of the M27.  The building in the photo has recently been beautifully refurbished for weddings.  If you're looking for a venue for your wedding in the Southampton area I suggest you make your booking quickly, because once word gets out about this lovely venue it's going to be booked solid!

It's also ideally situated for me as its just a 2 minute drive from my house, so I really hope to be shooting weddings there very soon.

Update: I forgot to mention Rogers clock! If you pay him a visit, be sure to ask him to show you his clock as it really is quite impressive.

HDR (High Dynamic Range) images are cheating a little because they allow you to show a greater range of light and detail in the final image.  The above image was created from a single RAW file.  I extracted 3 versions (see below) of the image at -2, 0 and +2 stops and then set to work in Photomatrix which allowed me to combine the best bits from all three images.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I thought you didn't believe in faking it?

michaelp42 said...

its not faking as such, its making up for the limitations of the photographic sensor....