11 April 2010

Celebrations for the Azura naming in Southampton



So, my first ever properly put together movie.

It's the first time I've gone out with my Canon 5D Mark II with the sole purpose of putting together a short film from the footage.  My subject was the celebrations in the Mayflower Park, Southampton for the naming of the P&O boat Azura.  As I couldn't get near the boat I was concentrating on the goings on at the park and the firework finale.

I shot everything except the fireworks hand held and I know I'd have been better off using a tripod.  I'm quite pleased with the results, and very pleased with the amazing quality from the 5D.  The quality of this little camera is so good even the professionals are starting to use it.  The season finale to House has apparently been filmed exclusively with the 5D.  Interesting times indeed.

If there are any proper film makers reading this, I'd quite like to pick your brains.  I feel my editing is kinda "meh"...  "so so..." at best.  I'd like to improve it, but I really don't know how.

Update:  Yes I'm aware the music is kinda awful.  It's all I have.  If anyone would like to donate me 3 minutes of music that would work for this film it would be muchly appreciated.

No comments: