12 April 2010

I'm on the sponsorship trail

I've had a few other things on the go over the last couple of weeks, but the Roof of the World charity road trip has been on my mind for most of it.

Now I really  have to start raising some funds to actually make the thing happen for me.

I need money for all kinds of things, from flights, vaccinations and insurance.   There's also something I forgot.  I don't think I've ever needed to get a visa before visiting a country before, but we'll be visiting 5 countries and I believe all of them will require getting a visa.  Hopefully they won't all be charging $100 USD like Azerbaijan does.

Okay I'm doing some Googling....   Turkmenistan is $61 USD, Uzbekistan is $25 USD, Kyrgyzstan is $100 USD and finally Tajikistan is $80 USD.

I might have got these wrong - this is just from Google and it might even be higher if we need assistance in getting them.

Interestingly that the countries we're visiting all appear to require a "Letter of Invitation" .   I guess being British / European we're a tad spoiled.  I'm not used to this whole needing a visa and other complications before visiting foreign lands.  Thankfully our leader and chief and driver, Ashley, is in charge of getting all the visa documents together so there's a much better chance of it all actually happening than if it was left down to me.

So that's another $400 or so I need to raise now, bringing the total closer to the £1000 that was originally mentioned.  Of course I want to raise more than £1000 so that I can get some money for the charities involved as well.

You can read more about the trip through my blog entries.

It would be great to have your involvement and support.  It's looking like I'll  need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Michael Mertens said...

Get these visa via a visum agency. Quicker, better, more reliable. Who knows if they might even want to sponsor you.