07 April 2010

One for the ladies – male fitness shoot


When I scheduled the shoot I had no idea it was a Bank Holiday Monday.   I remember not so long ago when I was employed in a regular job that Bank Holidays and extra days off were really important to me, and I never didn't know when they all were.  Now Bank Holidays, and to some extent weekends are just another day in the week.

Anyway, I'm getting off subject.  So I pack up my portable studio and head off up the M3 to my clients apartment in Epsom.  He had cleared a space in his living room, so we had lots of room to set up in.  Helping me for the shoot was part time photographer and full time computer geek Peter Kent.

While he was booking me for the shoot my client mentioned saying "but having an active and regularly updated blog makes a huge difference. It gives the site a far more personal feel and is a great inspiration for me as I take baby steps towards my first DSLR purchase!"  I enjoy writing and updating my blog, and quite a few people have given me positive comments on it, but this is the first time that it's helped me secure business.  This is a good thing indeed.  :-)

The shoot went well, both client and myself were all very chilled.  Always the best way to be on a shoot.  My helper Peter described me as the most relaxed photographer he'd ever seen.  I'm taking that as a compliment!

My client had this to say about the shoot "'Having never been part of a photoshoot before I wasn't sure what to expect. I need not have worried though as Michael was a pleasure to work with and a great help. Plus the pictures look awesome. I'd recommend him to anyone without hesitation. Next stop Men's Health? That's the plan, we'll see what happens! '"

Shooting with the mini studio I have, just a background and a couple of lights, is always a little limiting, but I was really pleased with the end results, and thankfully so was my client.

1 comment:

Peter Kent said...

It was great to spend time with you on Monday, Michael. Really good to see how a pro approaches a shoot, and how calm you were with it all. Hope to see you again soon :-)