17 April 2010

A tiny photo published in Oxygen



The latest issue of Robert Kennedy s Oxygen magazine arrived on my doormat this morning.  In the Future of Fitness section is a tiny photo of Christine Taylor from our shoot last summer in Quebec City.

It was my first and to date only shoot in Quebec City so I didn't really have much idea for locations.  Christine suggested we shoot in the Parc des Champs de Bataille.

The weather can best be described as "meh".  It was a rather cold mid Septembers day, the sky was grey, and it was all a bit rubbish.

We started shooting in the park.  Nothing sexy or provocative - just "Oxygen" type fitness shots.  Brrr it was cold.  I was in my coat and gloves so after doing a few shots I suggested we move somewhere lower (we were on top of a big hill) in the hope of finding somewhere a little more sheltered from the wind.  At the same time we were leaving a police car pulled up - I figured it was just doing its rounds and making sure nobody stole any tress or something, so I didn't think anything of it.

We found another spot in the park and were about to start shooting again when the same police car pulls up and out gets the obviously very bored policeman.  Clearly not enough crime in Quebec City.  He muttered something at me in an angry tone in French, which of course I understood nothing off.  He translated and said something about naked girls in the park...  I was bemused because a) there was sadly no nakedness, b) there wasn't anyone else around, and c) this cop was being a complete and utter dick.

He moved us on, we found a better location, the sun came out, and everyone was happy!

I've almost never had a problem with doing photoshoots in Canada.  The only other place in Canada I've had an issue is when trying to shoot in the park where they hold the formula 1 grand prix in Montreal.  The rest of Canada, never a problem.  Ever.  Pains me to say because I love Canada, but Quebec is weird!

No comments: