13 May 2010

A Rally Charity Do



Ashley, the man on the far left makes stuff happen.  He makes stuff happen good!  I've only known him for a couple of months since he dragged me into his Roof of the World charity project, but the boy is good.

So last night was a charity do dinner thingy at Monkberrys in Bournemouth.  There must have been at least 50 of us in the room, and we pretty much took over Monkberrys.  Most of the guys were sporting their logo'ed up charity shirts.

In the picture above Ashley and David (on the left) are doing the whole trip, from London to Tajikistan.  While Abby (purple dress) is going from London to Azerbaijan.  Kerry (in black) will be joining them in Istanbul and going through to Azerbaijan.  I'll be picking up the tour in Azerbaijan, and then John (with his hand on my shoulder) will be joining us in Toshkent and we'll both be going through to the end.

After a very pleasant dinner was the charity raffle and then charity auction.  Ashley had managed to get his hands on a boxing glove signed by Frank Bruno, and rally shirts signed by the Poole Speedway team, and Bournemouth Football club.  There were loads of other donations, but these were the most visual.

With the auction over and lots of money made for Make A Wish and Sworde Teppa Frank Sinatra stepped on stage.  Anthony Adams was Frank for the evening.  While not exactly my choice of music, but he was rather good and the perfect choice to finish the evening with.

Oh, Nick I hope you make a speedy recovery.  Nick fell over a small step and put his shoulder out and had to be taken to hospital.  It shook me up a little because it reminded me of when I fell over a similarly small step twisting my ankle so badly that I also had to be taken to hospital.  Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this Nick.  I also hope the next time I visit Monkberrys they've put some tape on the step to help people see it.  Dark coloured step, dark coloured floor and low lighting means an accident is always likely to happen.

Oh we raised a tad over £2500!  However we want to raise more.  Please visit charityroadtrips.org to donate.

Enough of me, and to some photos from the evening.

No comments: