12 May 2010

Shaft of sunlight at Antelope Canyon in Arizona



Antelope Canyon just outside Page in Arizona is an amazing place.  It's one of my favourite places to shoot, and also one of the most difficult.

This image makes it look all nice and peaceful.  Truth couldn't be more different though.  I was sat on the floor, crammed between a several other people and the wall of the canyon, bent over, and trying to get the shot.

Directly behind and to my left, behind held back by the native tour guides, there were probably 40 people, with easily that many again just around the corner in front of me.

To help make the shaft of light visible in the photos people were throwing handfuls of sand into the air. Sand and camera equipment aren't exactly the best of friends.  Just saying.

Last time I visited about ten years prior I was visiting with my girlfriend and we had the place completely to ourselves.  How time changes places.

I've just launched a new website called thisisthepicture.com where I'm offering a select few of my images for sale as fine art prints.

Click to purchase shaft of sunlight as a fine art print..

No comments: