10 May 2010

Shooting an Italian business woman in London



The other day while I was in London I asked my Italian friend Francesca if she'd be interested in shooting some "sexy business photos".  She was.  The following afternoon we found ourselves at a cold Canary Wharf.  It was just a couple of days after the attempted car bomb in New York's Time Square so they had stepped up security and we had to stop the car twice for them to look in the boot.

Canary Wharf is a perfect place for a modern business shoot - its clean and clinical, and at weekends fairly quiet.  My only concern had been that technically it's all private property so unlike shooting on a street in the City of London which is public land, I was aware of the fact that we might be asked to stop and move on.

As it happened, asides from a couple of curious Docklands Light Railway staff nobody appeared to give a damn, and we were left alone to do battle with the cold and the wind.

Francescas Italian style was great, and if that's how the average Italian business woman dresses then I think I want to do business in Italy!

I want to revisit this shoot in the near future and try it again under nicer conditions.  It was just a little too cold, a little too windy, and quite a lot too dark to get really optimal "stock library business images".

No comments: