19 June 2010

Ethnic attacks in Kyrgyzstan

I've just seen these set of photographs of the ethnic violence in  Kyrgyzstan on the Boston.com Big Picture page.

www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/06/ethnic_attacks_in_kyrgyzstan.html

The Big Picture is one of my favourite photo journalism websites.

This time, it's all a bit close to home.  In less than 4 weeks time I'm due to start a trip across the middle east that was originally going to go through the heart of where all the troubles are at the moment.

I'll be documenting the last 2 weeks of the Roof of the World rally that ends in Tajikistan.

I've even got a visa in my passport for Kyrgyzstan and I think it's safe to say that I won't be needing that visa.  The borders with Kyrgyzstan are apparently closed, so we will be forced into changing our route.

I was already a little nervous about the trip, and this isn't exactly doing much to put my mind at ease.

For more information about the trip, and the charities we're doing it for please visit www.charityroadtrips.org.

No comments: