10 June 2010

Halfords are rubbish

I don't really use this blog for rants, but today after visiting Halfords I feel it is justified.

I went in looking for a replacement stick replacement for my rear view mirror.  Although my car, a Peugeot 407 is very common on the roads, it was a special order.

The other thing I wanted was a couple of blind spot mirrors to stick on, I always use them, and feel blind without them.

Halfords had them, at £7.99.

I walked out.  Drove home.  Within 2 minutes of getting on Ebay I'd found the replacement mirror for way less than Halfords were asking.  I'd also found 2 blind spot mirrors, total price including delivery £1.98.

I bought everything I needed on ebay and still had enough change from a tenner for a Mars bar!

Halfords you are rubbish, and the only reason you haven't gone under is by default because you have no serious competition in the UK.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Shopping around *after* you just bought something is the wrong way round mate :)