08 June 2010

Standing out from the crowd

I really like it when my subjects know what they want from a photoshoot, and they come prepared.  It makes my job easier, and my subjects get results they generally like even more.

I met up with Suraj again recently during one of my business portrait phothshoot days in Central London.

As well as these photos we shot some more "normal" portraits.  However when Suraj gave me his image choices I noticed the fun 'super' shots were absent.  I thought to myself, "I'm not having any of that!", so I picked my favourite 'super' photos and sent them to him anyway.

I like them because they are different, they show the Suraj I know, and they will almost certainly be remembered once seen.

Being a little bit different in business isn't a bad thing, but always be yourself.  Don't try and fake it.

No comments: