06 July 2010

Following your instincts

Over the last few days and weeks I've been thinking about my continued participation within The Roof of the World rally.

I've come to the difficult decision that I'm no longer going to be joining the team in Baku for the final two weeks of the trip.

I know by walking away now I am going to have egg on my face and I'm not going to be very popular with quite a few people, but I'm going to trust my instincts and do what I believe is the right thing for me at this time.

Ashley has done an amazing job of getting sponsors and money for the charities involved, and I wish him and the team only the very best for the trip.

I would like to thank all of those who have expressed an interest in my participation in the trip, and an even bigger thanks for all of those who have donated.  Needless to say all monies will be donated to the charities.

No comments: