06 July 2010

My first photo training workshop



In the countryside around Brill, 9 budding photographers, 2 dogs, 1 tour guide, and myself met and spent the afternoon roaming around for the afternoon taking photos.

Although it didn't rain, the weather wasn't so kind.  It was sunny all morning, cloudy the whole time we were shooting, and then there was the most brilliant sunset that we all missed because were in the pub eating.  D'oh!

Oh, yes, while we were shooting we saw some rather impressive flying machines.  The first being what I'm reliably informed is the only Vulcan bomber that still flies - we saw it flying to and from the Goodwood Festival of Speed.   A little while later, 6 Apache helicopters flew over.  Cool!

People had come from all over, from as far away as Wales, Bristol, Birmingham, Blandford, Bedford and myself from Southampton.  Age ranged from 16 to 50 something, and people had all types of cameras.  It was great to see such a wide variety of ages and kit.

So enough words, and on with some of my snaps of the day.


1 comment:

Denise Meredith said...

Fab - that's the best photo of me ever - I love it! I had a great time on the workshop and have learnt that I don't always have to stand up to take pics, I can sit on the ground doo.

Counting the days until the 2nd course in August.