03 September 2010

Photographing a wedding in London



Two weddings in three days is a record for me, and they couldn't have been more different.  I was a little worried about traffic and parking, but I need not have been, traffic was light, and I was able to find "rock star parking" everywhere I had to go.

This was a much more traditional wedding, a few photos of the groom preparing, and then a few more of the bride, before heading off to Chelsea Old Town Hall for the ceremony.

A much more intimate affair this was than the Indian wedding a few days earlier, with maybe 35 people to see the couple wed.  The big difference for me was witnessing the raw emotion.  Seeing the groom cry, hopefully because he was stupidly happy rather than "oh shit what have I done?"!

The wedding lunch was at the lovely Aubergine restaurant in Park Walk, Chelsea.  I was treated to the same menu as the wedding guests, although I had a special table of one, all to myself.  The food was great, as was the service.

After doing a few photos of the happy couple in Battersea Park there was a brief lull in proceedings before the evening celebrations at Mare Moto on the King's Road.  Sadly I wasn't able to sample the food there as I left with a hot date shortly after the cutting of the cake.

With perfect weather I thoroughly enjoyed shooting my first wedding in London.  Thank you to Marita and Jakob for allowing me to be a part of your very special day.

PS. The pigeon was eating the rice that had been throw over the couple.  :-)



1 comment:

yaritza said...

que hermosas fotos de verdad mil felicitaciones!!! y de verdad que marita quedo hermosa!! saludos un buen trabajo felicitaciones desde venezuela, y esa paloma es un toque genial jejeje...