26 September 2010

Wet wipes are the answer



To a question like "how do I clean the mess that is above off my camera?"

This is what happens when you leave your camera in the open boot of a car, while shooting in very strong winds at dusty dry lake.   I was shooting Dan Hill, Veronica Yoo and Visnja Luetic at the dry lake just outside Jean some 25 minutes down the I-15 from Las Vegas.  I was shooting with my other body, and had left my camera in the back of the car.  I came back to it 20 minutes later to this.  Eeek!  I didn't even try and clean it at the time, instead I bought a pack of wet wipes and carefully cleaned it back at the hotel.  So far, somewhat surprisingly given the mess, it's still working perfect!  I guess Canon 40D's are more dust proof than I thought.

1 comment:

Danny said...

I'm not sure I would have been able to see to clean it through my tears.