23 May 2012

BodyPower 2012



The highlight of BodyPower 2012 for me, I'm almost ashamed to admit were the buffalo burgers that I might have eaten 3 of over the 2 days I was there.

Friday was fairly quiet, I think it had been set aside as an "industry" day, which in effect means not much was happening in the way of events, but it was much easier to walk around and chat with people.

Saturday on the other hand was insanely busy, with so many people the phone networks gave up working and it was all but impossible to find the people you were looking for asides for meeting accidentally, which of course never happens when you're actively searching for someone!

I don't really do crowds, so I had to retreat outside of the halls for a couple of hours around the high point of the day.  I ended up in Wetherspoons where I sat for an hour with a few friends waiting for food we'd ordered that never actually turned up.  I was only disappointed for as long as it took to get a refund and realise that it meant buffalo burger number three!

The show itself was bigger and better than ever, with lots of different stages and event areas for all kinds of sports from Brazilian Jui Jitsu, Strongman, Arm Wrestling, MMA and of course Body Building.

Top stars included Mr Olympia Phil Heath, and Arnold Classic winner Branch Warren.  With other big names like Kai Greene and one of my favourite models I've had the pleasure of shooting twice, Larissa Reis.

Dates for BodyPower 2013 are already set - all the details on the website.




No comments: