14 June 2012

Photographing a wedding at Westminster Registry Office

This was only my second wedding I've photographed in London, and it came as a direct referral of the first one.

Making full use of my "stealth" camper van, I drove up the evening before and parked up opposite Old Marylebone Town Hall in what must have been the most expensive car park in the land.  It cost £48 for a shade under 14 hours.  I know NCP stands for "No Cheap Parking" but that was just taking the p!

It was a three part wedding, with the civil ceremony at Westminster Registry Office, the reception back at the family house in south London, and then the wedding breakfast the following evening at an Indian Restaurant near Liverpool Street.

On a side note, I found the week after the wedding that Paul McCartney has been married twice at Old Marylebone Town Hall.  At least one of the ceremonies (when he married Linda in 1969) took place in the Blue Room, which was the same room as this wedding was in.

Other than the expected normal stress of dealing with London traffic it was a very chilled and relaxed wedding. 

Congratulations to Sarwat & Jonathan.








No comments: