10 July 2013

Photographing a wedding in Old Portsmouth

The sun was shining for my first wedding in Portsmouth.

The ceremony was to take place at The Square Tower, dating back to the 15th century, and right on the waters edge.  The hall was small, seating maybe 40 people.  It was dark inside, although I suppose the advertising blurb would read "atmospheric".  Great for everyone else, but rather hard to capture decent photos with the available light.  I did nearly add some more light to the room though, as I backed myself against the wall without noticing the candle burning right behind me.  Lucky that I didn't set myself on fire then!

The reception was on the roof of the Tower, with great views in all directions across Portsmouth.  With a few posed photos on the roof, and outside of the Royal Garrison Church, it was just a short walk across the road to the reception at the Royal Naval Club.

On one of the photos I described it as the "best wedding ever", and I didn't even get any cake!  The bridesmaids all dressed up as "Robert Palmer" girls...  I don't think two of them were even born when the song was released!

Congratulations to Liz & Neal, it was a pleasure to be there to photograph your big day.







 


No comments: