12 December 2013

Always be prepared

This week I wanted to test out a shiny new lens so I decided to take a bimble around the New Forest for a couple of hours one sunny afternoon.

After spending half an hour watching one of the best sunsets I've seen in a long time, it was getting rather cold, so I packed up and started to drive home.  Or at least that's what I thought.

I'd just driven over the Beaulieu Road Station bridge, and was greeted with a low fog / mist on the landscape.  It was hugging the ground, perhaps no more than a metre in "height", but in the fading light (it was nearly dark now) it made for the most amazing scene.

Although I wasn't expecting to need a tripod, I always keep my spare stupidly heavy Manfrotto steel tripod in the van for just such occasions.  A torch however was sadly lacking, so it was a case of stumbling and tripping my way through the undergrowth.

My point is, wait, what was my point?  Oh yes.  You never know when you're going to find the "perfect" light / location, so always be prepared to capture it.

All photos taken with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 with the 12-40mm f2.8 lens. 

Oh, the bright white light in the sky on the final photo is apparently Jupiter.  At least that's what I was told!






No comments: