22 August 2014

Rewind Festival - Day 2

Both days of the festival had some great acts, but for me the Sunday just pipped it.

This is the first time I've used my Olympus Micro Four Thirds mirrorless system for a big live act job, and while I had high confidence they'd be well up to the job, I wasn't quite so sure about battery life with the heavy shooting demands and 2.5k images I ended up with.

As insurance I purchased a few spare batteries, and ended up with 12 in total. As it turns out I need not have worried. The dual battery configuration in the Olympus EM-1 lasted nearly the whole of day one, and might well have seen out the day if I hadn't swapped out the batteries for the final act just to be on the safe side. I think I got around 1400 images out of 2 batteries that day. Perhaps not quite as many as my old Canon DSLR system would have got, but plenty enough to cure me of my power anxiety issues!

As before just for fun, below is how long the photographers had to shoot each of the artists.

The South - 9 minutes
Howard Jones - 17 minutes
UB40 - 13 minutes
Boomtown Rats - 13 minutes
Hazel O'Connor - 5 minutes
Hugh Cornwell - 6 minutes
Flock of Seagulls - 4 minutes
Bonnie Tyler - 11 minutes
Roland Gift - 9 minutes
Jimmy Somerville - 10 minutes
Tony Hadley - 11 minutes
Tom Bailey - 15 minutes

With my being a big Thompson Twins fan back in the day, Tom Bailey was my favourite act. Although that said, Sir Bob Geldof and his Rats easily put on the best show of the day, even if I'm not so keen on their music. A proper rock star is that Sir Bob!













No comments: