18 August 2014

Thompson Twins / Tom Bailey

Way back in the late 1980s during the year or two after I left school, The Thompson Twins played a gig at the Mayflower Theatre in Southampton. It would have been my first ever concert except for the fact that I was forced to go on one of those outward bound team building things in North Wales for the week....  which by the way I hated!

That tour was their last as a group, and in all the years following the Thompson Twins did nothing.

That was until a few months ago when the voice behind the band, Tom Bailey was announced as one of the performers for Rewind Henley, and then just a couple of weeks ago a warm up gig was announced for Reading.

Oh my! I had a ticket to the first Thompson Twins concert in 27 years! Okay strictly it's not Thompson Twins as Joe and Alannah weren't there, but that didn't stop it being any less awesome.






It was a small venue, just a few hundred people, and quite liking my own space I was some way back from the front.  I managed to get sneak my Olympus OM-D E-M5 in and these are my favourite photos from the evening. By no means a great set of images, but good memories of a great gig.









No comments: