02 November 2015

A foggy evening in London

It was a foggy evening in London, and after photographing a concert in Camden, I had about 80 minutes to get back to Waterloo before the last train of the day.  That meant I had just enough time to get myself to Westminster and walk about for a bit taking photos in the fog.

Despite all the American stereotypes, I can't remember ever seeing London foggy before, so it really was a rather pleasant joy to see and photograph.

Being after 10pm by the time I arrived, it meant that most of the tourists had vanished leaving the Westminster Bridge / London Eye area really rather nice - the polar opposite of the tourist hell-hole it's become during the day.

I didn't have a tripod with me, so everything here was shot handheld, mostly at f/1.4 with my Olympus OM-D EM-1.

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.











No comments: